If you are unhappy with your smile there are various dental treatments that can help you correct any imperfections, such as braces, clear aligners and dental implants. As much as each of these options offers exceptional results, neither of them is instant and may take up to a couple of years to complete. If you don’t want to wait for a perfect smile, you may want to consider porcelain veneers.
Dental veneers are made of an extremely thin, custom made shells made out of tooth-coloured porcelain. The porcelain, which is cemented or bonded to your natural teeth, can be shaped in such a way that it makes your teeth appear longer, shorter, whiter, or closer together. The ability to easily customize the appearance allows dentists to improve your smile without the need for multiple office visits or lengthy dental procedures.
People choose to use dental veneers to correct their smile for the following reasons:
- Quick, easy procedure – porcelain veneers can be placed in a single office visit
- Relatively painless – veneer placement is relatively painless. It is almost like having a dental filling placed
- Cost effective – porcelain veneers cost less than a full orthodontic treatment
- Corrections can be made to a single tooth or small section of the mouth
What problems can be corrected with porcelain veneers?
Dental veneers can be used to correct both aesthetic and physical problems that affect the appearance of your smile. Some examples of problems that can be corrected by visiting a dentist in Fonthill for porcelain veneers include:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked and slanted teeth
- Weak enamel
- Gaps between teeth
- Uneven appearance of your teeth – veneers can be used to make teeth look longer, shorter, wider, or more square.